Bygging-Uddemann uses hydraulically-powered roof-raising jacks to lift the roof, allowing for the installation of additional beams, walls, and other structural elements to the building. Contact us for more details about our roof-raising services.
Benefits of a roof lift
A roof lift project is considered a remodel/renovation project, meaning the time frame for conversion is shorter than for traditional construction methods. Lifting roof structures provide a plethora of benefits as compared to new construction projects, including:
- reduced development and construction costs – can be done for as little as 25% of the cost of building new structures
- minimizes regulations, zoning restrictions, and taxes associated with new construction projects
- reduced downtime as the roof can be lifted without you having to vacate the premise
- no additional is real estate required as you maintain the building’s existing footprint while increasing its capacity.
The roof-raising process
At Bygging-Uddemann we take great pride in our ability to perform roof lifts using our own specially manufactured units designed and constructed by our heavy lifting experts. Our hydraulic rod climbers can be extended to nearly any reasonable height. A traditional roof-raising process using hydraulic jacks looks as follows:
- Gutting the building to the bare skeleton. Only temporary crib posts will support the roof structure during the lifting process. The crib posts are welded to the ceiling and anchored to the floor to be able to support a wide variety of roof sizes and types.
- A temporary support system is installed to act as a shoulder for the roof. Afterward, the columns are cut to separate the roof from the walls in preparation for the initial separation.
- Each post is pushed up with the power of our hydraulic jacks to make room for new sections to be added at the bottom as the lifting progresses. The lift is controlled using a synchronization system that measures the lifting process, and the jacks are carefully monitored to ensure safety and accuracy.
- New beams are installed once the roof has reached the desired height, and the hydraulic jacks are removed.
- New walls and other structural elements, for example, fixtures such as sprinklers and lightning, are installed, after which the building is ready for occupation.